Sunday, February 3, 2008

Food Sensation!

Yesterday I made a homemade sweet-potato pie! I had never seen, tasted or heard of one before I met Cliff. It has become our family's favorite pie at Thanksgiving and it's always a treat any other time of the year. So, my mouth was watering...I almost rushed through dinner just to sink my teeth into it. First I put on a pot of coffee...oh the arroma and the anticipation of blending the two (coffee and pie). I poured myself a cup and topped my pie with a dollop of light cool whip. Awhhhhhhhhhhhh, at last! I closed my mouth around the delectable morsel and...and...and...Oh RATS!!! My mouth opened up...I forgot the sugar! What was even funnier is that Cliff didn't believe me when I told him I forgot the sugar and decided to take a bite only to echo, "That is nasty!!!" Well, on to a better story...this time of year is the best to eat oranges here. They are so sweet and especially right off the tree. Our neighbor had given us oranges (we always gladly accept them even though we have a dwarf orange tree ourselves) and I made fresh squeezed orange juice this morning to enjoy with our breakfast. Let me tell you, nothing better!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Diggin' the new look on the blog Aunt G!