Bidding Paddles
First, our church had a dinner/auction fundraiser Friday night. It was ALOT of work, but ALOT of fun and it was a HUGE success!! We got such a huge crowd that we had to put up a couple more tables. There was plenty of food (why would I ever doubt God?), chili and cornbread...the dessert auction was a riot (as usual)...there were a few boggles before and during the event, but what event doesn't have them? I will blog my only winning bid, well actually Cliff outbid me by a dollar, but guess who wrote the check? Oh yes, I almost gave Cliff a heart attack when I got to bidding on dessert and got up to $60 or so...I don't remember what I bid cuz I was delirious with delight with the whole bidding experience (but again, I was outbid on Amy's dessert...snicker cake). Cliff was across the room, but I had the paddle (#41), and he kept looking at me, laughing and giving me the "cut off" sign by taking his hand and cutting across his neck with eyes bulging out of his head! I laughed so hard!! It truly was a powerful moment for me...I kept bidding higher just to get a rise out of Cliff! I wish I had that on video!! Anyway, there were a lot of people that made the fund raiser a success and I'd be a part of it all over again even knowing all the hard work...knowing all the frustrations...knowing my dogs would be barking, bloody murder, before the night was over. God is good!
Pastor and his son...checking out "ART by Art"
Over 60 items and services to bid on. Cliff's winning bid is pictured, but I'm not going to tell you what it is just yet...that's for another post.
Above is "ART by Art"

Above is Art...yes, the very one from "ART by Art". Art donated 15 paintings! Let me tell you a little bit about Art. He is 92 years old, a retired US Air Force Bombardier, can play the guitar, fiddle (probably other instruments I don't know about) and our newest discovery...Art is an artist!! Experiencing a meeting with Art, will leave you never forgetting it!!! "It's a good day if I don't read my name in the obituaries."


No comments:
Post a Comment