Friday night was our annual dinner auction fundraiser for our church Mexico Outreach Team (that will be going on their mission trip in April). Last year Cliff and I bid against each other on the very same guitar we donated this year. Cliff won and gave the guitar to me. I played it once! Our plan was to try to outbid everyone and redonate it year after year. As you can see, Steve Leeper was very interested in this guitar. When they called for the last 3 minutes of bidding, I got called aside by my pastor and our youth leader asking me questions about taking the auction money. It not only distracted me of my intent to make another bid on the guitar, but it also kept me from making a bid on the guitar. Then they called "No more bids, please. Bidding is closed." Steve and I had placed a few more bids not shown on the sheet above. People, I was very bummed...very, very bummed...I haven't been this bummed in many, many, years...I was so bummed, I almost cried buckets and buckets of loser tears! Steve Leeper, however, was a very happy man with MY GUITAR!!! I'm happy for you Steve "sniff, sniff".
After I almost cried buckets of loser tears, I was very happy with the very, very good news...(no, Steve did not give me back MY GUITAR) our Mexico Outreach Team now has $4,600 to add to their mission fund balance. God is good (but I'm still ticked about not getting my guitar back!). :0)


No comments:
Post a Comment