
We (Cherie and I) had another shoot this week...one that brought a grateful heart...one that touched my soul...one that I will not soon forget. Sergeant Nash has served in Afghanistan and just returned not long ago from a 15 month tour in Iraq, and will soon be returning to Iraq for another year leaving his 4 year old son and wife (four months pregnant) behind. You could tell that they were going to make every second count...the love and tenderness they had for each other...the playfulness they shared. Cherie and I didn't know this family before the shoot, but we felt we were their family when we all parted. And most of all, aren't you just proud to be an American when people like Sergeant Nash go willingly to serve our country...to keep her free...for you, my friend, and me? I'm sure this shoot may have touched Cherie and I more than others with our son's serving as well. Cherie and Mike's oldest son is in the Marines (Just returned from Iraq), and their youngest is just now going through boot camp for the Coast Guard. And, you know that Corry is serving as an Air Force Reservist. Remember to thank our military the next time you see someone in uniform and better yet, pray for them. To see more photos of this shoot, click on the links to Cherie's and my photography blogs to the right.
1 comment:
now you have me in tears again !!!!
Post a Comment