Thursday, September 4, 2008
SOMETHING NEW
Well, I just did it. I said I was going to to it, and I did. I didn't wait one more second to make the choice...the right choice. I didn't have a cheerleader to encourage me to do it, I did it solo. I just did it!! What did I do...drum roll please...I signed up at our local physical therapy hospital as a pool member. What that means is I'm basically a health club member without the gym part. Only the pool part. I just felt like I had to do something. It's too dang hot to walk or ride a bike (still) and I could just feel my body losing strength. I love to swim and it made so much sense to make swimming my source of exercise. There are scheduled times for free swim, but, I went to my first water aerobics class this after noon. Okay, now here is the really really funny part, everyone of those women that were in the class were 10 years plus my senior and the only one younger than me was the instructor and she was 20 years old! At first I felt a little out of place...but soon was entertained. and I got to know a few of the members...Marti (with an "i"), Em (short for Emily), Judy, Penny and others, but my favorite was Lucy. Let me describe Lucy to you...oh...my...gosh!! This woman was the epiphany of Retiree Florida USA! She is probably pushing 70, full make up, with bright red lipstick that covers her lips and outer edges. She wears classy sunglasses that have rhinestones, and the hat, let's not forget the hat, it was a stylin' cowgirl hat, a fabulous marine blue, with sparkling sequins. She wasn't going to let working out dominate over her looking beautiful. One of the other things I learned in class, was that these women loved to talk...they talked and talked and talked all while the instructor tried to instruct us. Later I learned that there were rules, "no talking while the instructor is talking". Can you hear me laughing??? I wish you were there, because it was much funnier in person!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that does sound funny...and sounds like a good time!
Post a Comment