Thursday, September 18, 2008

Revelations vs Revelation


At work, I get calls occasionally letting me know what I have typed wrong in our church bulletin. It's something that I shouldn't let get to me, but somehow it takes me back to 2nd grade where my teacher, Mrs. Christianson, would give smart pills (candy) for the children that had trouble reading. You guessed it, I ALWAYS got the smart pills to make me smarter!! Which told me every time, that I was not smart! So, when someone points something out to me, where I have failed, it's hard for me to let it go and give them grace (for making me feel stupid!). Well, yesterday I got one of those calls and it was from a woman that loves to point things out to me. I had typed Revelations instead of Revelation for the book of the Bible in which we are going to be studying (Wednesday Night Bible Study). My response to her was, "Oh, did I do that again? Yes, I know it is Revelation and not Revelations and I will correct that mistake right now." My daughter would have said, "Thank you for letting me know, and making me feel stupid with your pettiness. Oh yes, and on an IQ test, you would have beat me by a landslide!!" Yes, Lacee did say this and it made us both laugh and laugh and laugh. Then Lacee said, "Mom, we should be thanking this woman for making us laugh so hard, and keeping us healthy!" I just love this child and surely she was sent from God!!

No comments: