Monday, October 27, 2008

Pink Hat and Pearls

Today was my day to watch Margo Fargo (aka Princess Peanut), and I could hardly wait. Ashlee dressed her in a cute pink coat and this adorable pink hat. This hat was hand crafted (knitted) by her babysitter, Promise. Don't you just love that name? Promise?? Every time I hear her name I think of God's promises...Promise is a fabulous name indeed. Anyway, I was oozing with delight all over this beautifully hand crafted (knitted) pink hat made just for Margo Fargo. Oh yes, I was told that Promise whipped this puppy out within 1 1/2-2 hours! What a talented young lady. Okay, so I was truly taken by this adorable hat and just had to have a photo shoot with Margo Fargo and her hat.


Props are always fun with babies and I thought the hat would be enough until I remembered my string of pearls...well, they aren't really pearls, but I'm not going to tell Margo Fargo. Here is her meeting with the pearls. "What the hoppin' bunny are these?" I figured she was thinkin'.



Back to looking at Nana..."Nana, how's this pose?" I of course thought it was quite perfect for a 4 month old baby girl that is getting acquainted with pearls. She liked draping them across her porcelain smooth skin.


"Awwwwww, Nana! These are feeling wonderful against my porcelain smooth skin. I think I love pearls!"


"Nana, thank you for introducing me to these glistening, shimmering, gleaming polished beauties! I can get use to these real quick!"


"No, Nana! I really mean it! These are definitely something I like against my smooth porcelain skin!" She screamed with delight!


5 comments:

cherie said...

that hat is so cute and looks great and the little sweetie pie. great photos gayle looks like you had a wonderful day with your beautiful grandaughter

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, what great pictures (and commentary) She is adorable Gayle!! You are a great picture taker too.
Dee

Gayle said...

Thanks, ladies! I do love having time with Margo Fargo and well, you know about my photography passion!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

Oh Gayle, how fun was that? You're so clever to get out those pearls. And your little story, just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kathi. I wish it was an original idea (the pearls), but I don't have time to think that hard. Cherie and I surf the net for ideas all the time for photo shoots. I suppose I will most likely have a photo shoot with Miss Margo almost every Monday when I watch her. How can I not? She isn't old enough to protest yet!!