Monday, July 23, 2007

Less But More

We have decided as a family (with much persuasion from me) to start tossing or giving away 5 items a week! It can be as little or as big as you like. We have all become these pack rats!!! Now is the time to get down and get dirty! Well, get down, anyway. So, I chose my sock drawer. I was amazed at how many socks I had. Perhaps I never really knew, until I pulled it out completely, how packed those suckers were in that drawer. It seemed they grew once I pulled it out (having never pulled it more than 1/3 out to retrieve, for quite sometime). What am I doing with all these socks? Most of them had holes in the toe or the heal. I'm very proud to say that I can now shut my drawer with ease. I'm beginning to feel that the less I have (yes, that includes socks) the more freedom I have. Hmmmmmm, what's next?

2 comments:

cherie said...

I always feel good when I toss things out or give something away. Clutter drives me crazy!

pdxscrappinmamma said...

This is a good idea. I think I need to adopt it, as soon as I acquire just a few more things so I'll have more to throw out :)