Monday, July 9, 2007

Payette River Rafting

We followed the Payette River on our way back to Boise from Cascade, and came across a multitude of rafters. It looked like so much fun and very dangerous at the same time. On the same day and perhaps within the same hour this photo was taken, a tour guide rafter lost his life on the South Fork Payette when he along with the others in his raft capsized. All the others made it to safety, but sadly he got his foot wedged between two rocks from the force and drowned.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

What a wonderful photo!! Great job!! Sad about the guide but I'm sure he knew the risk and hopefully he was right with God and is in a much better place. You know I've never had a desire to white-water raft. Give me fishing any day but just not into that white water....

cherie said...

That is so sad!

Judy said...

I agree with naranjos, I'll just look at the white water from the shoreline (and photograph it)
That sure is sad though about the guide.