First of all…I have realized that God has certainly created a strange duck when he created me. I find myself way too often laughing at things that others don’t see funny or perhaps really bad timing on my part. Oh boy! Those are awkward moments! But, I am who I am and I do love me! Not to be confused with conceit, I’m just at a place where I accept who I am. And, I love to laugh!
Things that have made me laugh in the last 7 days…
I was sitting at 5 corners (an intersection in Atwater where 5 roads come together) waiting for the light to turn green when a man…a very large man, with his large head stuffed into a tiny little helmet, and his large body placed on top a tiny little motor scooter…began to cross the intersection before his light turned red. You could tell he was trying to make his scooter go faster by placing his body forward as if it helped to accelerate it… you know, the aerodynamics of his contorted body would surely make a difference by a nanosecond. He zoomed through with a large smile on his face and a loud gratifying “HeeHa!” as he squeaked through before the light changed on him. That, my friends, made me laugh!
I was at work and had gotten a call from a gal named Christy and she needed to talk to my boss (whom is also the pastor of our church). He wasn’t there and I left a note for him on a piece of paper. When he arrived, and checked into his office and found the note, he then walked back into mine with a smile and said, “So, Christ will call me back after the morning meetings, huh?" I had forgotten the "y" at the end of the name...That truly made me laugh!
When doing a roping photo shoot at a foothills ranch with my friend, Cherie, I discovered that she only liked the bay and chestnut horses (brown and red). She said that she was prejudiced against pintos, paints, appaloosas, buck skins, palominos (which made me laugh)… I responded, “well I don’t think I can hang with you anymore!” That made me laugh…I even laugh at my own jokes!
10 second kisses (check blog below and please don't send me any 10 second kisses hate mail)! That made me laugh!
Life is certainly too short…learn to laugh (and even if it’s at yourself)!
Things that have made me laugh in the last 7 days…
I was sitting at 5 corners (an intersection in Atwater where 5 roads come together) waiting for the light to turn green when a man…a very large man, with his large head stuffed into a tiny little helmet, and his large body placed on top a tiny little motor scooter…began to cross the intersection before his light turned red. You could tell he was trying to make his scooter go faster by placing his body forward as if it helped to accelerate it… you know, the aerodynamics of his contorted body would surely make a difference by a nanosecond. He zoomed through with a large smile on his face and a loud gratifying “HeeHa!” as he squeaked through before the light changed on him. That, my friends, made me laugh!
I was at work and had gotten a call from a gal named Christy and she needed to talk to my boss (whom is also the pastor of our church). He wasn’t there and I left a note for him on a piece of paper. When he arrived, and checked into his office and found the note, he then walked back into mine with a smile and said, “So, Christ will call me back after the morning meetings, huh?" I had forgotten the "y" at the end of the name...That truly made me laugh!
When doing a roping photo shoot at a foothills ranch with my friend, Cherie, I discovered that she only liked the bay and chestnut horses (brown and red). She said that she was prejudiced against pintos, paints, appaloosas, buck skins, palominos (which made me laugh)… I responded, “well I don’t think I can hang with you anymore!” That made me laugh…I even laugh at my own jokes!
10 second kisses (check blog below and please don't send me any 10 second kisses hate mail)! That made me laugh!
Life is certainly too short…learn to laugh (and even if it’s at yourself)!
1 comment:
you make me laugh !
Post a Comment