If I’m going to be addressed as “Ma’am” these days (what am I, a fossilized woman?), I have a right to settle into comfort. It happened overnight, when I lost my waist altogether (darn menopause), and forfeited the hour glass sassy pants and exchanged them for granny gauchos! They are my friend, especially transitioning from winter to spring (by the end of summer I might be able to fashion myself a classy zip up pair…with lots of prayer). I will not be shamed by “What Not to Wear” or the hoity, toities out there! I earned the elastic waist after baring 3 children, 50 something years of delectable desserts and boycotting health clubs. Elastic waist? Very me-friendly!!! If my children are reading this, please be happy I haven’t graduated into knee-high nylons! Now those are a sight to see with knee length dresses or shorts! If that happens, please, oh please it’s time for an intervention!Monday, March 24, 2008
Very Me-friendly
If I’m going to be addressed as “Ma’am” these days (what am I, a fossilized woman?), I have a right to settle into comfort. It happened overnight, when I lost my waist altogether (darn menopause), and forfeited the hour glass sassy pants and exchanged them for granny gauchos! They are my friend, especially transitioning from winter to spring (by the end of summer I might be able to fashion myself a classy zip up pair…with lots of prayer). I will not be shamed by “What Not to Wear” or the hoity, toities out there! I earned the elastic waist after baring 3 children, 50 something years of delectable desserts and boycotting health clubs. Elastic waist? Very me-friendly!!! If my children are reading this, please be happy I haven’t graduated into knee-high nylons! Now those are a sight to see with knee length dresses or shorts! If that happens, please, oh please it’s time for an intervention!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
why honey, you're describing me :)
Post a Comment